Riverwalk Golf Club | San Diego CA
Located in the heart of San Diego’s Mission Valley, Riverwalk Golf Club has quickly become one of the region’s finest public golf courses. Featuring 18 holes of breathtaking golf, superb amenities and conveniently located minutes away from Downtown San Diego, Riverwalk has everything you need to host a memorable golf tournament. Riverwalk Golf Club has embraced the San Diego nature as the fairways are lined with mature palm, oak and eucalyptus trees, with numerous wetland areas and picturesque water features. Riverwalk has 4 small lakes and the San Diego River running through the course which offers both a strategic challenge and a visually stunning backdrop for a round of golf in the center of San Diego. While challenging for low handicappers, the course offers multiple tees on each hole, ensuring an enjoyable experience for golfers of all abilities.
Total Course Yardage: 6,156
Tournaments 7 Days A Week: Yes
Tournament Scoring Included: Yes
Food and Beverage: Yes
Shuttle Carts: No, but we can rent
Rental Clubs: Yes
Driving Range: Yes
Banquet Space: Yes
Custom Scorecards Available: Yes
Day of Facilitator: Yes
- Centrally Located
- 18 Championship Holes
- Tournament Banquet Space overlooking the golf course
1150 Fashion Valley Road, San Diego, CA 92108
Use our free tournament budget calculator to find out how much your tournament might cost.
Golf fundraising & tournament packages
Tournament Planning & Advice
Tournament Planning and advice from our experts
Laurelle is passionate about and committed to helping people. She is a connector who loves to bring people together for memorable moments. Laurelle has 20+ years of experience in the golf & hospitality industry working with clients for successful, diverse events including golf tournaments. She believes in listening and a consultative approach to exceeding a client’s expectations. Some of her strengths are being calm under pressure, finding creative solutions and applying humor to a stressful situation. One of her favorite quotes is “The days are long, but the years are short.” by Gretchen Rubin
- My Favorite Music Is: I love music! It fills my soul. Everything from Classic Rock to Blues.
- My Favorite City in the World: There are so many...
- Number of Years in the Golf & Event Industry: 20
- I am originally from: Boise, Idaho
- My Favorite Sports Movie of All-Time: Caddy Shack
- My Favorite Hobby when I am not working: Playing golf
- If I could have dinner with one famous person living or dead it would be: Lucille Ball
- #1 Thing on my Bucket List is: Live abroad when I retire
- If I had a gift card with an unlimited balance: I would rescue every dog in the world.
- The best thing about working at a golf course is: Interacting with people who enjoy a great round of golf and soaking up the San Diego sunshine.
- My Favorite part of the Tournament Planning Process is: Finding creative solutions to not only meet but exceed each group's expectations
- Best Advice I can give a tournament host: Decide early what your 3 biggest goals are for the event, and plan your actions around bringing those to life
Event Space Descriptions
Large Driving Range located next to the clubhouse that allows for 30 guests to warm up prior to group play. Practice area also provides a large and spacious putting green right next to the clubhouse with easy access for your golfers Food and Beverage needs.
Tournament Pavilion or Awards Banquet
Our Presidio Room and Veranda offer a scenic indoor/outdoor area that accomodates seating for up to 250 guests. Clubhouse Bar adjacent to space as well as portable bar service on request. A great area for your post play event celebration! This is perfect place to end your day on the course.
Cart Staging Area
Carts will be pulled up and staged right near the first tee, driving range and clubhouse. Lined up perfectly and equipped with custom scorecards, custom cart signs, tees, USB ports, cooler, and sand bottles. Carts will be all set for that perfect day of golf!
Our 7,000 square-foot clubhouse serves as a warm and welcoming focal point for dining, socializing and special events. Featuring rich furnishings and California-inspired decor with spectacular views of the golf course, the clubhouse features: Our Sunset Grill, Snack Bar, Presidio Room with Veranda and Pro Shop.
Great venue, great staff, we had an awesome golf tournament. Would recommend to anyone and everyone.
Love this course!!! Perfect for everyone! My husband and I will definitely be back soon!! He’s the avid golfer and loved the course conditions! The staff was so nice and the food was delicious! Highly recommend!
Very accommodating excellent customer service. Great food, 2 nine hole courses conveniently located near all major freeways.