Mojave Resort Golf Club | Laughlin NV
Mojave Resort Golf Club is considered the premier layout in the Tri-State area. Our nearly 7,000 yard championship course is conveniently located right next to the Avi Resort and Casino on the picturesque banks of the Colorado River and just minutes from downtown Laughlin, NV. Designed by experienced golf architects Lee Schmidt and Brian Curly, the lush Mojave layout is routed through the lowlands of the banks of the Colorado River. Wide fairways, wind-shaped sand dunes, beautiful natural landscaping and a richly green course set against Desert Mountains. Whether you are a highly skilled golfer or the occasional weekend player, Mojave Resort has everything a player is looking for on and off the course.
Total Course Yardage: 6,939
Tournaments 7 Days A Week: Yes
Tournament Scoring Included: Yes
Food and Beverage: Yes
Shuttle Carts: No
Rental Clubs: Yes
Driving Range: Yes
Banquet Space: Yes
Custom Scorecards Available: Yes
Day of Facilitator: Yes
- Mojave Resort Golf Club has two very scenic and challenging finishing holes. Hole 17 is a par 3, that although it can be considered shorter in length, the tee shot requires an all carry shot to an angulation green on the other side. Hole 18 is a par 4 that depending on which set of tee boxes a player chooses, will require two shots over water to finish up their round
9905 Aha Macav Parkway, Laughlin, NV 89029
Use our free tournament budget calculator to find out how much your tournament might cost.
Golf fundraising & tournament packages
Tournament Planning & Advice
Tournament Planning and advice from our experts
Director of Sales
JC has been in the golf business since getting out of college at Eastern New Mexico University in 1983. After graduating in 1979 from Socorro, NM High School, he went on to play golf at Eastern New Mexico University on a full golf scholarship. Upon completion of college, he began his career in the golf business in his home town of Socorro, NM at New Mexico Tech Golf Course in the summer of 1983. After two years and the assistant golf pro, an opportunity became available at the City of Needles, CA municipal course, working for a long time friend in the golf business Jimmy Russell. Became Head professional upon getting elected to the PGA as a Class A member in 1990. He remained in that position until the fall of 2015, when a retirement opportunity became available. In 2017 Los Lagos Golf Club in Fort Mohave, AZ was looking for an experienced golf professional to join their staff. JC, a life member of the PGA, joined Los Lagos and stayed until 2022 when the Events/Tournament coordinator position became available for Mojave Resort Golf Club and Huukan Golf Club. In almost 40 years in the golf business JC has met many people, made a lot of friends and has given many, many golf lessons to a big variety of golfers.
- My Favorite Quote or Famous Saying? “Half the battle, many things are half the battle, losing is half the battle, lets concentrate on what is ALL the battle.”
- My Favorite City in the World? Phoenix
- Number of Years in the Golf Industry? 39
- I am originally from? Socorro, NM
- Favorite Sports Movie of All-Time? Field of Dreams
- My Favorite Hobby when I am not working? Following most sports, working in yard.
- #1 Thing on my Bucket List is... Play Augusta National
- The best thing about working at a golf course is? I enjoy seeing players enjoying themselves and having fun during their time off from work. Also enjoy seeing people satisfied when I just corrected their slice(or hook).
- My Favorite part of the Tournament Planning Process is... Making sure the event is organized when the players arrive at the facility.
- Best Advice I can give a tournament host...Try to make sure all events, formats, pairings and communication is done before the event arrives at the course.