Chula Vista Golf Course | Bonita CA
Located near Mt. Miguel and the Sweetwater Reservoir in the foothills of the San Miguel Mountains and just 20 minutes south of San Diego, Chula Vista Golf Course is a breathtaking spot for golf and special events. As one of the area’s best values for golf and a community centerpiece, this 6,760-yard championship course, designed by Billy Casper, follows the Sweetwater River and is surrounded by popular jogging trails and equestrian paths. From its challenging layout, complete with local flocks of ducks and geese, to the elegantly-adorned banquet facility and first-rate service, Chula Vista Golf Course—voted “Best Golf Course” in 2011 by the Star News Reader—is an beautiful setting for a round of enjoyable golf, or an outstanding tournament, wedding, or special event.
Total Course Yardage: 6,759
Tournaments 7 Days A Week: Yes
Tournament Scoring Included: Yes
Food and Beverage: Yes
Shuttle Carts: No
Rental Clubs: Yes
Driving Range: Yes
Banquet Space: Yes
Custom Scorecards Available: Yes
Day of Facilitator: No
- 2 Large Banquet Rooms
- Full Service Restaurant & Bar
- Driving Range & Practice Facility
4475 Bonita Road, Bonita, CA 91902
(619) 479-4141 ext. 225
Use our free tournament budget calculator to find out how much your tournament might cost.
Golf fundraising & tournament packages
Tournament Planning & Advice
Tournament Planing and advice form our experts
Armando started in golf carts at 17 at Salt Creek Golf Club in Chula Vista. From there he worked is way up to General Manager at 23. In between Armando held many different roles with his previous golf course from Sales Director, to Food & Beverage Manager, To AGM before and even part time chef, until becoming the General Manager in August 2012. He attended SDSU during his time at Salt Creek and was also a head football coach for Eastlake High Schools lower levels. Armando is married to his wonderful wife Everley and they have a little girl named Clara Rose, who he can’t wait to get on the golf course. He began his journey with Chula Vista and Touchstone in August 2019.
- My Favorite Athlete or Team is? • Michael Jordan, All San Diego Sports Fan
- My Favorite Quote or Famous Saying? • "Work until you no longer need to introduce yourself."
- My Favorite City in the World? • Las Vegas
- Number of Years in the Golf Industry? • 14
- I am originally from? • San Diego
- Favorite Sports Movie of All-Time? • Remember The Titans
- My Favorite Hobby when I am not working? • Golfing
- If I could have dinner with one famous person living or dead it would be? • Tiger Woods
- #1 Thing on my Bucket List is... • Play Augusta
- The best thing about working at a golf course is? • The people you meet and interact with; I love those relationships
- My Favorite part of the Tournament Planning Process is... • All the hard work before and to see it all come together. I call it the storm before the calm. The minute that shotgun goes out its all gravy after that.
- Best Advice I can give a tournament host. • Keep it simple. Don’t buy anything get it donated and remember its called fundraising for a reason.
Event Space Descriptions
The Driving Range located next to the golf shop and contains over 20 practice stalls to dial in your game. In addition to the Driving Range, we have a chipping green and putting green to round out the practice area.
Tournament Pavilion or Awards Banquet
We have 2 spacious and newly renovated rooms for your tournament to choose from. Either is perfect place to end your day on the course.
Cart Staging Area
The cart staging area is conveniently located next to the Driving Range & Golf Shop that is shaded by large palm trees in a parklike setting. Your golfers will feel like a VIP as they start their round.
We had our wedding ceremony and cocktail reception at the Chula Vista Golf Course and we couldn’t of been happier with the experience. Chris, Rebecca, Justin and the catering staff were fantastic! We had originally planned to have an outdoor ceremony but because of rain, we had to move it inside. The staff rearranged the ballroom for our ceremony and it turned out great. We opted for a cocktail reception rather than a sit down dinner and we are so happy we chose that route. Chris and Justin worked with us in advance to create the menu which even included churro donuts, cookies and milk towards the end of the night. The food was amazing and we received so many compliments about it. We highly recommend this location for your event.
For a public course this place was all class. Found somebody's wedge and got it to them, lost our putter cover and got it back, was on stand-by as a threesome and teed off within 5 minutes, son received free golf balls from one of the marshals, just a perfect day. Everyone fixed their ball marks so the greens are true. Lots of fun.
Enjoyed the driving range and the atmosphere of the club house... staff was friendly and helpful and the other patrons were extremely kind... great place to visit during my vacation.