San Marcos Golf Course | Chandler Arizona
Opening in 1913, San Marcos is Arizona’s first golf resort! Having recently completed a $3.9 million renovation, the course boasts a brand new state-of-the-art irrigation system. We focus on creating optimum year-round playing conditions featuring re-established bunkers with new sand and tee boxes that have been re-built for better playability. Updates to the kitchen, bar, and pro shop were also completed making the San Marcos Golf Course the ideal place to hold your next golf tournament. Our goal is to make your event as successful as possible. Our professional golf staff is available to assist with every detail from planning to execution. If you have any questions, or would like to secure a date, please don’t hesitate to call directly. We look forward to hearing from you!
Total Course Yardage: 6,661
Tournaments 7 Days A Week: Yes
Tournament Scoring Included: Yes
Food and Beverage: Yes
Shuttle Carts: No
Rental Clubs: Yes
Driving Range: Yes
Banquet Space: Yes
Custom Scorecards Available: Yes
Day of Facilitator: Yes
- Renovated the course 2014
- First Green Grass Course in the state of Arizona 1913
100 North Dakota Street, Chandler, Arizona 85225
Use our free tournament budget calculator to find out how much your tournament might cost.
Golf fundraising & tournament packages
Tournament Planning & Advice
Tournament Planning and advice from our experts
Originally from Madison, Wisconsin, Leta moved to Houston, Texas in 2012 to manage the Sporting News Grill before establishing herself in Chandler, Arizona a couple of years later. In 2015, she joined the San Marcos team at Grill60 and upon completing school in 2021, was promoted to Executive Assistant and Membership Relations. In mid-2023, she was promoted to Sales and Marketing Coordinator but retains the same duties of her former titles. With over 20 years of experience, Leta’s customer service skills have helped build strong relationships with members and guests alike while also making a significant impact on the local community.
- My Favorite Athlete or Team is? Green Bay Packers
- My Favorite Quote or Famous Saying? “Give every day the chance to become the most beautiful day of your life.” - Mark Twain
- Number of Years in the Golf Industry? 20+ in the F&B Industry, and 2ish years into the Sales and Marketing
- I am originally from? Madison, Wisconsin. Go Bucky!
- My Favorite Hobby when I am not working? Cooking, reading and spending time with my “Hug” (Husky Pug mix), Jax.
- If I could have dinner with one famous person living or dead it would be? Al Capone, so I could find out once and for all if he ever lived in that house on #13!
- #1 Thing on my Bucket List? To visit at least one major cultural landmark (Mont Saint-Michel, Angkor Wat, Stonehenge…)
- The best thing about working at a golf course is? The daily interactions with members, guests and coworkers and the opportunity to network with people who come from all walks of life.
- My Favorite part of the Tournament Planning Process? Experiencing the early morning energy of the players and staff right before tee-off.
- Best Advice I can give a tournament host? Make sure to choose the right golf course based on your event’s needs and give yourself at least six months to plan and prepare.
Event Space Descriptions
Limited flight driving range using Cayman golf balls. Warm-up suitable for 30 players at a time with well defined target greens, short game area and practice putting green. The driving range converts to "Little Marcos" in the afternoons which is our 9 hole pitch & putt course that is perfect for beginners, kids or corporate team building events.
Tournament Pavilion or Awards Banquet
The San Marcos Sunset Patio offers seating for 150 guests with views of the golf course and the amazing AZ sunsets. The patio sits adjacent to the clubhouse with convenient access to Grill60 for bar & food service. We also feature a smaller indoor banquet room with seating for up to 50 guests and presentational seating for 75.
Cart Staging Area
Carts will be conveniently arranged in our large staging area adjacent to our arrival and bag drop area. The carts will be arranged by hole order and clearly marked with custom signage for player identification. Custom scorecards, tees, sand bottles and USB ports are available in every cart.
The historic San Marcos clubhouse features the charm and feel of "days gone by" but with all the modern conveniences and amenities of "today". The clubhouse is decorated with numerous artifacts and photos showing the 100 year history of San Marcos and the founding of the city of Chandler.
Dear Nick, Mike and the whole of San Marcos Golf Resort crew, All of us at Chandler Horizon Rotary wanted to express how much we appreciate the incredibly professional, friendly service and the effort that you and your entire staff made to make our 25th Annual Hole-in-One event a true success. Every member of our group and the participants could not stop talking about how perfect everything was. Your entire crew at San Marcos Golf Resort are top notch, and really treated the players, volunteers and club members like special people. We look forward to many more events there. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!
Chandler Horizon Rotary Club
Gila River Sand & Gravel had their seventh annual golf tournament this year at San Marcos Golf Course and as one of the organizers, I can honestly say it was our best yet! I began working with Nick Lacy in February discussing what GRSG wanted at the tournament from the golf, the food, the raffle prizes, etc. The food was wonderful, the course was in great shape and they stored our raffle prizes until it was time to put them on display. Nick listened to all our needs and concerns and this was our biggest and best tournament yet!
Gila River Sand and Gravel Company
San Marcos Golf Resort is a wonderful venue for an amazing golf event. Our host and golf pro Nick Lacy was always available for meetings and questions before, during and after our events. We had a couple events, one personal and one non-profit, both exceeding our expectations and were highly acclaimed by our members and clients long after the event. Thank you, San Marcos, for the professional and beautifully manicured course! You’ll be seeing us again!!
B. J. Huskey
Partitioners and Accessories Company