Applewood Golf Course | Golden CO
The par-71 course in Golden, Colorado was opened back in 1961. It was designed by J. Press Maxwell, ASGCA, and measures nearly 6300 yards. Featuring slight elevation changes, water hazards and a mix of local wildlife, our course is one you'll want to play time after time. The Gold Treatment is what you will get when you book your tournament at Applewood Golf Course, 15 miles from Denver. From the day you book your event, you will receive nothing but courteous and professional assistance from our Staff. Applewood is the premiere choice for Denver golf outings. Whether you are planning a corporate outing, charity fundraiser or just an enjoyable day of golf with friends, we pride ourselves on delivering flawlessly executed golf tournaments and outing that are sure to exceed your expectations.
Total Course Yardage: 6,300
Tournaments 7 Days A Week: Yes
Tournament Scoring Included: Yes
Food and Beverage: Yes
Shuttle Carts: Yes
Rental Clubs: Yes
Driving Range: Yes
Banquet Space: Yes
Custom Scorecards Available: Yes
Day of Facilitator: Yes
- Nestled Right Along the Foothills of the Majestic Colorado Rockies
- Player Friendly Course for All Skill Levels
14001 W. 32nd Ave, Golden, CO 80401
Use our free tournament budget calculator to find out how much your tournament might cost.
Golf fundraising & tournament packages
Tournament Planning & Advice
Tournament Planning and advice from our experts
Cheney was born and raised in Dallas, TX and of course a huge Cowboys fan. He moved to Colorado at the age of 10 and has been here ever since. Cheney graduated from the University of Colorado, Boulder with a major in communications and a minor in information systems. He has been a vital part of the Applewood team for the past 8 years and is thrilled to take on a new management role as Tournament Director. Cheney's hobbies are fly fishing, golfing and collecting sports memorabilia - he has a collection of over 100,000 cards! The largest trout he has caught to date is a 27" rainbow and is proud to say he has more hole in ones on the golf course than he can count (I think the rest of us are pretty jealous!). Although his hobbies are a priority, his absolute favorite thing to do is spending time with his daughter and watching her play softball.
- My favorite Sports Team is the New York Yankees my favorite athlete is my daughter Hollis
- My Favorite Quote or Famous Saying: “I might can” always leave yourself a way out
- Number of Years in the Industry? 20
- I am originally from? Dallas, TX
- My Favorite Hobby when I am not working? Collecting baseball cards and fly fishing
- If I could have dinner with one famous person living or dead it would be? Too many to list but I’ll go with George Carlin
- #1 Thing on my Bucket List is... Go to Patagonia on a flyfishing trip
- The best thing about working at a golf course is? The people I work with they make it worth it. It truly is a great team.
- My Favorite part of the Tournament Planning Process is... Seeing the people from the tournament after it’s over and hearing how well it went and they were happy.
- Best Advice I can give a tournament host: Given to me by the Legend Rob Pfhol. He said Cheney people are as stressed as you setting all the tournament stuff up. Just listen to them, reassure them, and then make it happen.
Tournament Coordinator and
Golf Shop Manager
Andy was born and raised in Arizona. Being a Arizona sports fan he knows affliction, but that never deterred him from developing a life long appreciation of sports. He really found his calling with golf which came naturally to him, he would use that natural talent to secure a Men’s Golf State Championship. After high school he would decide to stay in the Valley after graduating from The Golf Academy of America with an Associate Degree in Business Management. After 8 years in the golf industry Andy decided to move closer to his family in Denver, Relocating and great timing provided a perfect match Andy and Applewood Golf Course. Andy is settling in nicely as the new Applewood Tournament Coordinator and Golf Shop Manager. Andy’s favorite hobbies are anything that has to do with the outdoors as well as concerts and comedy shows.
- My favorite sports teams are the Arizona Diamondbacks, Phoenix Suns and Arizona Cardinals my favorite athlete is Larry Fitzgerald
- My favorite quote: Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times
- Number of years in the industry 8
- I am originally from Phoenix Arizona
- Favorite Hobby when I’m not working? Listening to music, podcast’s while enjoying the outdoors
- If I could have dinner with one person dead or alive it would be? Larry Fitzgerald He was my role model and idol
- One thing on my bucket list is to play golf in Scotland
- The best thing about working at a golf course? Growing and teaching the game of golf
- My favorite part about the tournament planning process is… going above and beyond to help their charity cause and contribute to the charities success
- Best advice I can give to a tournament host… let us put in the work and you enjoy your event
Event Space Descriptions
Our spacious Driving Range has picturesque views of the Tabletop Mountains and is conviently located a few short steps away from our snack bar with easy access for your golfers Food and Beverage needs.
Tournament Pavilion or Awards Banquet
Located on the second story of our clubhouse, our ballroom seats up to 240 people has floor to ceiling windows, a fully renovated bar and an adjacent deck overlooking the 1st tee and the Tabletop Mountains. Our secondary tournament space is our pavilion that seats up to 400 guests and has views of our driving range and the Rocky Mountain skyline.
Cart Staging Area
Carts will be pulled up and staged between our tournament pavilion and driving range. Carts are lined up perfectly and equipped with custom cart signs, score cards, rules sheets and sand bottles. Your golfers will feel like a VIP as they start their round.
Applewood's clubhouse has everything needed for you and your guests to have a memorable golf outing. From our extensive event space, to our fully stocked pro-shop your guests will enjoy every minute of their experience.
I run a tournament every year for 23 continuous years. Other than the first few years, it has always been hosted by Applewood and their wonderful management team - Rob Pfohl, every year, with support from Ashley Van Dissel this year. Everything about the course, from its difficult to easy holes, its wonderful scenery throughout, the clubhouse, drinks, food, pro shop, etc., makes this an event we all look forward to and discuss throughout the year. The mgmt team is outstanding at making all of us feel very important and they are continually going far beyond expectations to assure our entire group leaves with a very memorable, fun experience. I highly recommend Applewood Golf Course for any type of golf, whether for a tournament or a round of golf. I am quite confident you too will leave very satisfied with what Applewood has to offer (especially for the price).
Iver C. Memorial
Very nice course .. they have a very friendly people here.. the holes are well planned out and ..i do enjoy coming here on the weekends .. one small hiccup for me is that it gets a little backed up at times and it makes me lose my rhythm... other then that very nice place to enjoy the woods.
Great place for golf tournaments.