Colonial Park Golf Course | Clovis NM
This par-72, 18-hole golf course was designed by renowned golf course architect Warren Cantrell. As a former club pro, Texas Tech golf coach, president of the PGA of America, and designer of 30 courses in West Texas and New Mexico, Cantrell significantly influenced the world of golf. In fact, this course was one of his final projects before his passing in 1967.
Total Course Yardage: 6,856
Tournaments 7 Days a Week: Yes
Tournament Scoring Included: Yes
Food & Beverage: Yes
Shuttle Carts: No
Rental Clubs: Yes
Driving Range: Yes
Banquet Space: Yes
Custom Scorecards Available: Yes
Day of Facilitator: Yes
- Lined with billowing cottonwoods and ancient American elms
- The varying water features will test your strategic side while the abundant wildlife keeps you on your toes.
1300 Colonial Parkway, Clovis, NM 88101
Use our free tournament budget calculator to find out how much your tournament might cost.
Tournament Planning & Advice
Tournament Planning and advice from our experts
When Keaton Aucutt became General Manager of Colonial Park in June of 2019, he was ecstatic. Not only was he born and raised in Clovis, but he's been playing this golf course since age 7. Thanks to many days spent here with his grandfather, this is where he learned the discipline and fun of the game. He's also a proud Wildcat who played on the golf team all through high school.
After graduating from the Golf Academy of the Carolinas (Golf Academy of America), he moved to Denver, Colorado, where he pursued a career in commercial sales for 15 years. Then, he moved closer to family and started his own business selling landscaping boulders. While he enjoyed being in sales and managing a small business, his first love has always been golf. He's been playing the game for 30 years.
"Clovis is home for me," he says. "I love its small town pride that puts family first and supports local business over big corporations. What's not to love about a town that turns purple for all local sports?"
Keaton loves Colonial Park and has great plans for its future.
When he's not working, he's spending time with his family. Whether boating at the lake, snow skiing, or going for walks around the neighborhood, you'll likely find them outdoors.
- My Favorite Quote or Famous Saying? • "So here's the deal" or "I like it!!"
- My Favorite City in the World? • Chicago
- Number of Years in the Golf Industry? • 5
- I am originally from? • Clovis, NM
- Favorite Sports Movie of all time? • The Legend of Bagger Vance
- My favorite hobby when I am not working? • Cornhole
- If I could have dinner with one famous person living or dead it would be? • Bill Murray
- #1 thing on my bucket list? • Play 1 golf course in every state
- The best thing about working on a golf course? • Introducing this amazing sport to new customers.
- My favorite part of the tournament planning process? • See the finished product
- Best advice I can give a tournament host? • Go Big!!